"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/9/13

Wigs for Ellie

I've bought a couple new wigs for my Essential Ellowyne Five doll. She came with blond hair. I bought a couple brunette wigs. Both are made of Mohair, which I think I prefer as far as doll hair for small dolls goes.

She looks so different with dark hair.


I really like it a lot.



I also got a short hair style.



I like this one so much I wish I could get my own hair styled like this. I will need to do some heavy duty growing out first.



I have developed a fascination with wigs for this doll. I would like to try making my own. I've found several interesting tutorials and videos on the internet on how to do it. I am most interested in making wigs with yarn. Maybe, after this busy August is over, I can try my hand at it.

I finished the purple dress, but it does not fit. It is way too big above the waist. It just falls down around her arms. The skirt part fits perfect. I will be starting over, re-adjusting the pattern. I didn't think the lace design in the yoke would make that much of a difference. I forget I'm working on a really really small scale here. So, some personal time with my calculator and some swatches is in order. I'm just glad it was a doll sized dress I screwed up and not something large enough for me. (Been there, done that.) Heh heh.

Had Knitwits this week. Had a wonderful time at the meeting. I'm especially thrilled cuz one of my best friends, Phyllis, joined the group. YAY!!! I am so happy to have her added to our ranks.

I did receive quite a few new fair entries at this weeks meeting. I've been working on getting things ready to take to the fair for entry. I have to take them in next Monday. So far, not counting the new entries, I've got 37. I was thinking we didn't have as many as last year because it only filled one box. However, we've actually got quite a few more. It's just that everyone is entering smaller items this year. Not as many afghans as we usually have. That's fine with me. As long as we have more entries. Easier to haul one or two boxes than 4 or 5.

I've been thinking of ways to drum up some new members for Knitwits. Our membership has dropped off quite a bit. I'm thinking about a web site, or maybe a Facebook page. I will have to talk to our illustrious leader about doing it.

On Saturday we're having a party. It will be my daughter Sarah's last evening here so I'm inviting the family over for a barbecue so everyone can see her before she goes home. I finished the food shopping yesterday. Just a bit of cleaning to do and I'll be ready. Oh yes, and the mowing of the lawn. Sigh. No sweet hubby here to do it for me. Doug and Sarah will be coming home from their bike ride earlier that day. They said they will not be too tired to party.

I also managed to sprain my right thumb on Wednesday. I was closing the cover on the hot tub, which is kind of heavy. My thumb got caught on it in a weird way and the weight of the cover bent it in a way it was not meant to go. Swelled up like crazy. I applied ice. I've been soaking it in the aforementioned hot tub too. The swelling is completely gone and the pain is greatly alleviated. I can knit (thank the knitting gods!), and as long as I'm careful, it should heal up fairly quickly.

It's hot, sticky, and thick in the weather dept. It's been in the upper 80's/low 90's all week. The air is filled with smoke from nearby forest fires and grass field burning, thus 'thick'. My eyes hurt so bad, and I find myself carting my inhaler around in my pocket so it's readily available. August is the month I call 'the dog days of summer'. No insult to dogs intended.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment