"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/10/13

A Hat

I knit a hat for my dolls.



Fur Hat

Pattern: Still in development by me.

Yarn: Aldemir Yumos
Content: 100% Polyester, bulky weight

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 3

Cast on: May 5, 2013
Completed: May 5, 2013

Comments: It's a prototype and I'm making some changes before I make the next one. I knit this with way too small needles (size 3!). I could use much larger ones and get the same look with less yarn.




Still, it's a cute hat. There are brown metallic strands that glitter in the light mixed in with the gray and black.



I think Debbie likes it.



I've also been working on a little red dress



and a pair of gray slacks. Blocking and sewing are in my near future.



I've made a pair of pink slippers too, though I need to put the pompoms on them.



I have been knitting a lot this week, sitting out on the deck with a cold sweet ice tea and my phone playing Pandora, watching the hummingbirds visiting the feeder between rows. Yesterday I got this crazy idea of creating a channel based on Star Trek movie sound tracks. Best idea evar! I knit a lot faster when I'm knitting to Star Trek.

The weather this week has been so fabulous! I've enjoyed every minute that I can. The seeds we planted in the garden are sprouting. I plan to plant the rest tomorrow. Mothers Day weekend is THE garden starting time around these parts.

Rumor has it it will cool off over the next couple days, so I'm taking advantage of this one last hot day and defrosting the freezer. It's a task that is long overdue. I don't have one that automatically defrosts itself. I have to do it myself-a chore that is a monumental pain in the arse and I hate very much. It's 20 years old, but still working wonderfully well, so I can't justify replacing it. Still...

If anybody out there is listening-I want a self-defrosting freezer for Mothers Day.

Well, I better get busy on that much hated chore.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment