"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/5/13

A Wonderful Weekend

It's been a wonderful weekend. The sun has been shining, the skies are blue, and it's been in the 70F's degrees, Pure heaven! I've puttered in the yard and spent time in the sun on my deck beading and knitting. I even got 3 loads of laundry done.

Here's one of the things I worked on.



It will be a pair of fingerless mitts when it's done. I got this yarn at BigLots! last Thursday. I popped in to see if there was anything Knitwits could use. They were having a sale! The $1 skeins were 80 cents each. I found the worsted weight novelty yarn above-which is a gold yellow with a boucle strand in shades of red, and a grey w/browns similar to the one above, and bought all I could find of both-which turned out to be 40 skeins. What a deal! Can't wait until next months meeting!

On Friday I got an email from Paradise Fibers. They were having their first ever tent sale. I had domestic plans for Friday (can you say laundry and house cleaning?) but I dropped them all, called my friend Sandy, and we went into Spokane for the sale. I found some things I couldn't live without. So did Sandy, and my daughter Ruth. Specifically, I found 3 gorgeous balls of pure Cashmere yarn (brown and black) for 40% off that I'm going to use to make myself a pair of fingerless mitts.




It is soooooo soft to the touch.



 I got 3 skeins of fancy sparkly novelty yarns called Ritratto for making doll clothes-not on sale.



 I glommed on to a skein of Madeline Tosh sock yarn in shades of browns, blues, and black that just screamed "Make me into a pair of socks for Frank!"




It wasn't on sale either.



After that we went to A Grand Yarn. I'd never been in it before. It opened when I was still running my shop and just never got over there. It's a very nice little shop. They had some clearance yarns that will be perfect for knitting doll clothes. It's called Sugar Rush and is made from sugar cane fiber. It's so soft and silky. Should make beautiful dresses and slacks.



What's more, I got it for $2 a skein (reg. $8). I picked up a few skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby too that were on sale.



Yesterday we went and saw the new Ironman 3 movie-in good ol' fashioned 2-D. It was awesome! I go to movies to be entertained and this one is very entertaining. I love movies that just suck me in and I completely forget I'm in a movie theater. This one did that for me.

We went to Applebee's for dinner afterwards. I had their Sirloin steak. They have such good steak there. It came with garlic mashed potatoes (yum!) and broccoli. I had a Peach Sangria too that was so delicious! It was a very tasty meal.

This evening I found a dead gopher laying next to my car. One of the kittens has finally made his first kill. I suspect it was Merino because he hasn't come in all day. He's been stalking the weeds all around the garden. After that first rodent sacrifice to the knitting gods, they get addicted and have to do more! Should be some awesome knitting this week, thanks to him. Heh heh.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment