"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/5/12

Azure Double Spiral

Wow! The week just flew by! I can't believe it's Friday already.

This months Seedbeaderster group challenge is spiral rope stitch. I started this bracelet quite some time ago, then kind of lost interest. It was one of this years 'blue period' pieces  I decided to finish it for the challenge.



It's for me. I made it a bangle. I finished it, tried it on, it was about an inch too big, so I removed some of it and finished it up again. Now it fits perfect. I have such a hard time figuring out how long to make a bracelet for a bangle to fit my hand. It's wider than the average, but not as wide as I tend to think it is. Note to self: 8.25 inches is good.



I stitched it all with 6lb crystal Fireline thread. I've used white size 8 seed beads for the core. I also used size 11 seed beads in matte blue and blue lined transparent clear, 4mm fire-polish crystals in pale blue, and 4mm round Sodalite beads.



It fits in my wardrobe nicely.



The weather has turned colder quite suddenly. Still sunny, but the temps are lower. Today the high has been 57F. We also got a very small bit of rain a couple nights ago so the air is nice and clear again. I can breath and the eyes are feeling so much better!

Tomorrow is the annual Parktoberfest. I am going to make a huge pan of Spaghetti Pie. I went ahead and bought a cordless warming tray so I can keep it warm during the party. I don't know why I didn't get one of these years ago! It's wonderful. You plug it in for 8 minutes to warm it up, then unplug it and remove the cord. Place the food dishes on it and voila!

I am about 2/3rds done with the rainbow colored lace scarf. With any luck maybe I'll get it done this weekend. I plan on taking it to Parktoberfest with me.

Right now I've got a pot roast in the crockpot. I'm trying a new recipe because I didn't have a package of onion soup mix. I wanted to do the quick and easy 'mix a can of cream of mushroom soup and a package of onion soup mix together and pour it over the roast and simmer all day' thing.  I have substituted the onion soup mix with the ingredients for onion soup from scratch-including half a cup of vermouth. It sure is smelling good. I bet the gravy is gonna be awesome!

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment: