"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/7/12

Wild Things Blooming

I hope y'all had a good weekend. Mine was-good that is. On Saturday I watched some of my Star Trek Voyager DVDs, did a bit of beading, then we went and saw the new Avengers movie. If you haven't yet- GO, see it! It's AWESOME!!!! Lots of action, good plot, fantastic special affects, funny humor. Very entertaining. Everything I like in an action movie.

On Sunday I did some more beading, a bit of knitting, and puttering around the house. The weather was nice, but very chilly. I kept hoping it would warm up enough to sit out on the deck. Even tried doing so. It was just too cold. So, I watched some more of those Star Trek Voyager DVD's while doing all of the above. I was putting fringe on my little African stitch amulet bag. However, I'm very unhappy about it. I used Fireline and the fringe is all crooked and messy looking. It won't hang nice and straight or drape correctly. I think the thread is too stiff and kinky. I think I'm going to have to take it all out and do it with a more drapey thread. Sigh. Well, I've learned something from this project.

Wild things are blooming on the Parkarosa. So I took my camera for a bit of a walk.

At the bottom of the hill there are quite a few Wild Grape Hyacinth this year.



Officially, the plant is called Muscari.



It is not a native plant but has escaped cultivation and become naturalized in the USA.



Such beautiful blue flowers.



The Pipers Anemones are showing their little white faces all over the place.



So delicate looking up close.



It's Wild Violet season now too. These are one of my favorites.



There's an area behind our garden that is chock full of them.



The Oregon Grape is just starting to open. A couple more days and the air will be thick with it's pollen.



These guys came to visit on Sunday.



First we've seen of them this year. 



They are all male Evening Grosbeaks. This one wanted to know what I was doing.



Such a bright yellow! Good on the eyes after months of dull grey winter.


That's it for today.

Live long and prosper. \\//


CLICK ME!



No comments:

Post a Comment