"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/29/12

Weekend Beading

Twas a busy weekend. Despite that, I managed to whip up this baby.



It's the third in a series of 5 beaded bead patterns being featured in Beadwork magazine this year. It's in the current June-July issue.



There are some 4mm blue druks, 4mm fire polished amber crystals, and seed beads. I like that this bead is hollow.



They're having a contest. After the last pattern is published, participants (like me) will be making a necklace and submitting it to Beadwork. I've decided to try it out. I've never entered a beading contest before so this will be interesting. I haven't made the first two beaded beads yet. I wanted to decide on a color scheme, then get the beads for it, first. Now that I know what I'm gonna do, I will make the rest. Still not sure how I'm gonna make them into a necklace yet, but I've got an idea niggling in my mind. With any luck, I'll figure out how to do it.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Love the beaded bead! I'm also digging this design, both because it's hollow and it can be woven with all kinds of round beads. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll make with the other four patterns!

    ReplyDelete