"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/6/12

Simple Woman's Daybook for March 6, 2012

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Sunshine! And most of the snow we got the week before is gone. It was a warm weekend. Actually got up to 49F.

I am thinking...
I will survive until spring. Days like this give me hope.

I am thankful...
for tape. Imagine having to live without it? Inconceivable!

In the kitchen...
is a mess. Dishes did not get done after dinner. Actually, they haven't been done since Sunday morning. Tsk tsk!

I am wearing...
my jammies and my leopard print robe.

I am creating...
a fingerless mitt pattern for my friend Ray. He sent me some gorgeous variegated yarn in black, red, white, and grey. I spent the weekend figuring out the stitch patterns to use and writing up the rough draft. Then I cast on for the first mitt and got about an inch of ribbing done.

I am going...
to Rathdrum Knitalong today cuz it's Tuesday and that is what I do on Tuesdays.

I am wondering...
what I will fix for dinner tonight. I've been answering that question almost every day for most of my life. I'm getting tired of having to answer it.

I am reading...
The Bone Walker by Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear. I really enjoy these authors books.

I am hoping...
for a peaceful and fun day.

I am looking forward to...
being able to sit out on my deck in the sunshine and knit.

I am learning
all about slip stitch patterns. More than I ever thought I would. They are really quite interesting.

Around the house...
I have a lot of stitch pattern books. I gathered them all up into one place and put them on a shelf together. I had no idea I owned that many!

I am pondering...
if I will plant a garden this year or not. It's been a few years since I've had one.

A favorite quote for today...
I want to live in a world where a chicken can cross the road without anybody questioning it's motives. ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

One of my favorite things...
is watching Cable play in the snow. It's quite funny.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I've got Knit Wits this week. Yay! Yarnies on Thursday. The usual.

Picture thought to share...
How can you not love this face?




If you want to join the Simple Woman's Daybook, click here


Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment