"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/20/11

Wheat Rib Socks are Done

I have not been idle. In fact, I've been quite busy. I finished the Wheat Rib socks.



Wheat Rib Socks

Pattern: Under construction by Me.

Yarn: Fortissima Schoeller Esslinger by Schoeller Stahl (discontinued)
Color: #21
Content: 75% Superwash Wool/25% Polyamid

Yarn: Trail Socks by Fleece Artist yarns
Color: Wine
Content: 80% Superwash Merino/20% Nylon

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 2.

Size: Mens Medium (size 8 shoe)

Cast on: August 1, 2011
Bound off: November 19, 2011

Comments: These are knitted from the toe up. I designed (created?) the Wheat Rib stitch pattern.



I usually prefer knitting socks from the cuff down, but the stitch pattern won't work in reverse. So I had to adapt.

They also feature a short rowed heal.



I did a 3 by 1 twisted rib for the cuff. I just adore twisted rib. It has just a little bit more oomph aesthetically than plain rib.



 I am currently writing up the pattern with plans to post it on my pattern blog. I need to test knit it some more before I'm confident enough to let it go public.



This is not the only thing I've been working on. I will tell you about the rest in my next post.

Live long and prosper.\\//

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Love how the contrast color picks up the red flecks in the main color!

    ReplyDelete