"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/10/11

A Very Sweet Gesture

Last month, when Tommy died, I posted the news in the Sighthound Splendor group on Ravelry. One of the Ravelry members, kerrylinnet, saw my post and asked if she could knit a pair of mittens for charity in Tommy's name. I think that is one of the sweetest things anyone has every asked me. Of course, I said yes. Recently she let me know that she finished them and posted them in her Ravelry notebook. I have her permission to share the picture with y'all here on my blog. Here is the pair of mens sized mittens knit in Tommy's honor and donated to the Global Knit organization.


Thank you so much for this kerrylinnet. You have touched my heart and honored my precious little boy in a beautiful way.

Ravelers are such wonderful people.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment