"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/3/11

Random Thoughts

I'm having a brain fog kind of day. In other words, I feel like my brain is in a fog. Every so often it clears up a little bit, then goes foggy again. I know it's the drugs from the surgery. They take time to get through my system. It's still a bit disturbing though. The fog makes it hard for me to concentrate, think, and stand up without feeling like I'm gonna fall over. I have to really think things through before I make a move. There's a lot less pain in my body now. That is a good thing.

Yesterday it was a beautiful sunny day, although very cold. The high was 39F. I dug out the winter coat and went outside for a bit anyway. I even walked to the mailbox and back. It was nice feeling the sunshine on my face. The birds seemed to be in a joyful mood, swooping, flashing by, and twittering themselves into a very loud chorus. I think they were enjoying the sunshine too.

Today it's grey, cold, drab, and silent out there. No breeze, not a single bird tweet. It feels like the whole world is holding its breath, waiting for something awful to happen.

Snow is in today's weather forecast. Just like that, autumn is done. Winter has arrived. There is no pussyfootin' around with the seasons in north Idaho. No gentle drift from one to the other. One day it's autumn, the next it's winter. It even smells like winter out there. I went out and walked to the mailbox and back anyway.

I also got daughter Ruth to help me fill up the bird feeders and put out the suet cages. It's time to open the Parkarosa Bird Buffet for the season. Belly up to the bar, birds! The seed's on me!

After coming back into the house and getting warm again, I folded and put away some laundry. Wow, did that ever wear me out. Such a simple task. So much energy expended.

Now I'm working on this blog post and watching Season 3/second disk of Boston Legal. You know, there are an awful lot of former Star Trek stars in this show. In the episode I'm watching right now we've got Captain Kirk (TOS), Odo (DS9), Quark (DS9), and Neelix (VGR).

I have been working on the heel of the second Wheat Rib sock. I'm writing and knitting at the same time. I knit a bit, write it down, knit a bit, write it down. It's a slow process trying to work through the brain fog. The next step will be to type up what I've written on the computer. Eventually, I'm going to have this pattern done.

Live long and prosper. \\//




No comments:

Post a Comment