"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/16/11

Sunday Ramblings

Last night we went over to Dan and Sue's for dinner and Hawaii trip planning. We figured out what major activities we're going to do in Maui and made reservations for those that needed it-specifically a Luau and a day long sailing trip over to another one of the islands. After we got that done we sat in the hot tub for awhile. Ahhhhh, it turned out to be exactly what I needed. I came home feeling so relaxed I slept the whole night and didn't wake up until Sweet Hubby slammed the bathroom door at 10am this morning. I feel so much better now. It's amazing what a little sleep can do for a person.

I got a new knitting book: Omas Strickgeheimnisse by Erika Eichenseer, Erika, Grill, Betta Kron, and Gunter Standl. The title translates to Grandmas Knitting Secrets.


It's a book of 200 knitting lace stitch patterns in chart form.



It's totally in German, but it came with an English translation for the chart symbols. I am extremely pleased with it. There are quite a few patterns in it that are new to me. I got very excited about some of them. I see new sock pattern designs in my future.

This is what I had for lunch today.


One of the two large tomatoes I picked before the frost a week ago was finally ripe. It only took 2 slices for a whole sandwich. Oh. My. God. It was soooooooooooooooooo good! Heaven on toast with mayo. Worth the wait. I'm so glad I got at least one sandwich worth (Sweet Hubby ate the other half in his sandwich). I just wish I had a few more so I could eat a few more tomato sandwiches. Maybe next year?

After lunch I worked a bit on Luis.



The base of RAW cubes is put together and I have started embellishing the surface with the 3mm crystals.

Live long and prosper. (Indeed.)



No comments:

Post a Comment