"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/8/11

Honeycomb Bangle

I finished my Honeycomb Bangle.


My tension seems to be rather uneven. Sigh. It's a lot harder to keep it even than one would think.


But it fits me perfectly and, of course, it's my favorite color. I admit it was a challenging project to make.


If you want to make your own Honeycomb Bangle by Cynthia Rutledge get the April 2011 issue of Bead & Button Magazine  because it's in there.

I also finished the first Wheat Rib sock.


I do like, very much, how it's turned out. Now the fun part-writing it all down in an understandable format and knitting the second one to test it. I've been told these look like Frank socks. That's good, because that's who I'm making them for.

We got a real frost last night. I can't believe we made it all the way to October 6th without losing everything to frost. Still didn't lose everything, but the tomato plants are pretty much green slime. The dahlia's fared fairly well so I get to enjoy them just a few days longer.

Speaking of tomatoes, last week we picked a couple ripe ones.


Yes, that is a dime in the picture with them. You won't believe what variety they are Mega Bite! We haven't got anything larger than a cherry tomato from it yet. I ate them after taking this picture. They were tiny, but chock full of great tomato flavor.

Actually, as tomatoes go, it was a lousy year. My plants didn't get any more taller than they were when I brought them home from the store (Home Depot), which is weird cuz they got plenty of good food, sunshine, and water. We didn't get anything from the Early Girl plant at all. The third plant, Bush Champion, didn't grow very big but it had 2 very large tomatoes on it. They aren't quite ripe yet, but they have a definite orange hue. I picked them and brought them in the house yesterday to finish ripening since I knew frost was expected. They are gonna be nice sandwich slicers.

All in all, I still wonder why I bother though. I just don't have any luck with tomatoes. It's always such a struggle just to get 4 or 5 fruits.

My surgery has been scheduled for October 21. I've got several appointments for medical tests between now and then. That should be fun. Not. I'm feeling much better this week. I'm starting to get my energy back.

Live long and prosper. \\//



2 comments:

  1. That bracelet is gorgeous!!!! Good luck with the medical stuff, keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bangle is beautiful! I can't tell anything about tension issues!! Congratulations on finishing the sock.

    I have had the opposite tomato experience that you have had...my one little plant ("Juliet") is now humongous; it's housed in an EarthBox and we had to keep bending it back in on itself to keep it on the 6-foot-high trellis. I get about a dozen tomatoes every 3-4 days. It's still laden with all kinds of tomatoes, but then we won't get a frost here for (hopefully) another month or more.

    ReplyDelete