"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/2/11

Fair Report for 2011

The fair ended on Sunday evening. Monday we took everything down and returned the entries to their owners. We will be having a follow up meeting on how things went later this month. Other than that, it's done for the year.

On Tuesday the weather cooled off. It has been quite pleasant since. I have been exhausted. It all caught up with me and I've been feeling pretty lousy all week long. Still, I had a lot to do because I was behind on stuff from not being home to do it all last week. I've been trying to get caught up.

This morning I woke up with a massive headache, runny nose, nausea, and mild fever. I was exposed to something at the fair. I'm glad my body was able to keep it at bay until it was all done. Now I have a 3 day weekend to be lazy and recover. Anyway, since I'm laying around feeling wretched, I thought I'd do my fair report on my entries.

I had 4 knitted entries and 5 beaded entries.

On my Mohair cardigan I won a White ribbon.


On my Flirty Fir Harvest Dew socks, I won a Blue ribbon.


I won Blue on the entrelac mitts. To the left are my daughters entrelac mitts she made while test knitting the pattern for me. She won a Blue ribbon too.


There is a Blue ribbon on the Gansey style baby sweater.


I won a Blue ribbon on the triangle pendant necklace.


A Blue ribbon was won on the Herringbone Donut necklace.


I won Blue on the French fancy donut project.


But the ribbons I'm most proud of are the ones I won on the Loop de Loop necklace. I won Red for construction, and Blue for "Old and New".


Old and New is a special category for things made with recycled materials. The beads for this project were rescued from an old sweater. I tend to make my fringes too tight with the tension which is why the red for construction. I need to do it more so I get good at it.

Tomorrow I will show you pics of some of the entries in the Needlecraft building that really caught my eye. For now, I'm gonna go take a nap.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment