"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/1/11

Loop de Loop

I got the necklace using the beads from my sister-in-laws mothers sweater done while we were camping.



It's 19 inches long.


It's tubular netting stitch embellished with fringe loops at each intersection.


 The loops gradually get longer the closer to the center they are.


The size 11 gold glass seed beads and 4mm plastic pearls are from the sweater. I added the white seed beads from my stash for contrast.


The camp ground we stayed in had some interesting places to use as backgrounds for my photos.


 It's ready for the fair.



The original sweater.



The camping trip was great. I'll write more about that tomorrow.

Live long and prosper. \\//

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, love how it looks, the white seed beads were a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow how cool is that!!!!!! Love the necklace, and great idea taking the beads off a favorite sweater, makes me kick myself for giving away old beaded dresses I used to have! I can't believe you go that many beads from the sweater. I don't know if I could have taken this one apart though, I used to collect vintage beaded sweaters when I was younger, I used to love wearing them. This one is a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have done a spectacular job recycling these beads! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great necklace, nice beadweaving technique, plus you recycled, how cool is that , beautiful, great idea love it .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great save of the sweater. Look how gorgeous that necklace is. I would have never thought to do that. Need to make note for an article I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just put a module about recycling beads from old garments to make beautiful jewelry. You can see it here
    http://www.squidoo.com/using-recycled-materials-in-crafts

    ReplyDelete