"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/11/11

War of WIPs Call to Arms 2011





It's finished! Hurray!!!


 I'm so glad to have it done. It turned out better than I thought it would too. (Yeah, I know. I brag about my knitting way too much.)

For those who may not know. This sweater was donated unfinished to our local Knit Wits charity knitting/crochet group. The lower front, back, and cuff on one sleeve were done, but there was not enough yarn to finish the whole project. I added the stripes in the yoke and contrasting sleeve so it could still be a sweater.

I have 6 more unfinished donations to do. Urg.

If you care to join the War of WIP's 2011, please do so.

Live long and prosper. \\//


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful finish! Congrats on your victory! That was a great idea to add the stripes and contrasting color to finish it, it came out so well it looks like it was the plan from the start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic; congratulations!! I love your ingenious solution to not enough yarn.

    ReplyDelete