"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/4/11

Simple Womans Daybook for June 4, 2011



FOR TODAY
June 4, 2011

Outside my window...
The Crabapple is starting to bloom, and the leaves are fully out on the flowering plum. The plum bloomed this year, but it had only a few flowers. The regular plum tree (the one that has fruit) had just a few flowers too. Spring has just been too cold and wet for them.

I am thinking...
that I am tired of the cold and the wet. While we were on the coast last weekend my dahlias and tomatoes got frosted. I'd left them outside so they would get watered. I thought they'd be safe. I mean, it was Memorial Day Weekend! I was wrong. A few of the plants have survived, but are set back a few weeks.

I am thankful for...
the ability to create beautiful things.

From the kitchen...
Last night for dinner I talked sweet hubby into grilling a pork tenderloin roast. He burnt it. It was hard and black on the outside, but inside the meat was very tasty. I don't think I'll be cooking this type of roast on a grill again. Our grill is just too hot. Oven, or forget it.

I am wearing...
my green checkered nightgown with the pink roses embroidered around the neckline. I am taking my time getting going today.

I am creating...
the baby sweater. It's coming along nicely. I finished the back yesterday and am well to getting the front done. I am also working on the thumb part of the new entrelac mitt design. I've got an idea, just don't quite know how to implement it. It requires experimentation-which always involves frogging and tinking until I figure it out.

I am going...
to my nephews house today. His son graduated from high school yesterday and we're havin' a party. I'm getting my hair cut a couple hours before that. The bangs are hanging in my eyes and driving me crazy.

I am reading...
a fascinating book titled Godless by Dan Barker.Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists

I am hoping...
for warm sunny weather this weekend. The weather man says we will.

I am hearing...
the birds twittering outside, the fridge is humming, and the clock is ticking.

Around the house...

It's quiet. The daughter isn't up yet. Sweet Hubby is checking his email. Tommy is snoozing. I don't know what the cats are doing. They're getting into trouble, I'm sure.

One of my favorite things...
Lilacs. Ours are finally blooming. I have a vase full sitting on the coffee table. They smell so good.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Well, lets see, there's the usual knitting group stuff. I'm also getting my hair cut today, the party at the nephews house this evening, and lunch with friends next friday. Knitting and beading are on my list of things to do too.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...







If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get some nice warm weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those redbuds? Red buds are some my favorite trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually it's a Judas tree.

    ReplyDelete