"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/18/11

About that Fancy French Donut

Have you ever started a project with an idea in your head and when it's finished it's even better than you could have imagined? That has just happened to me. Last night I finally finished the fancy French donut necklace and I absolutely love it.



The strap is just a simple Spiral Rope made with size 15 silver lined seed beads and 2 colors of size 11 seed beads all used in the donut. The bail is done in Peyote with size 15 silver lined seed beads.



I made a toggle clasp to match.


ETA:  The pattern is now available for free on the designers blog. It is in four different languages.

Gorgeous weather today! I spent a couple hours out on the deck browsing some of my beading books and knitting a little bit on the St. Brigid, then tinking on the St. Brigid, then knitting on the St. Brigid. In the end I came out 2 rows ahead, so I guess I can say I won.

I do not feel like knitting lately. I think it might be spring. Or maybe I'm playing with my new Droid too much? I must admit, I've been having fun with it. I'm at level 15 in Angry Birds.

I've done a little knitting, but not as much as I usually do. I did start a new pair of fingerless mitts, finished the second of the first pair of Entrelac mitts, got those rows done on the St. Brigid, but that's it. Hardly worth taking pictures and posting here-well, except the finished Entrelac mitts, but they are currently in the washing machine.

I've been bitten by the beading bug. So I'm gonna go ahead and indulge myself a bit.

Live long and prosper.\\//

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Yep, that beading bug bites pretty hard. LOL

    ReplyDelete