"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/20/11

WIP Wednesday April 20, 2011



As promised, update pics of a couple knitting WIPs. The ones I'm currently paying the most attention to at the moment.

The second sock. I need to get this done before Friday. I will probably be staying up late to do so.


I will be glad when it's done. I'm tired of working on it.

Next, we have the sweater I'm finishing for Knitwits.


Having finally decided what to do with this headache, I've regained my impetus to finish it. As a reminder, this is what the sweater is supposed to look like. As you can see, to solve the problem of not having enough white to make the yoke and both sleeves, I decided to stripe the yoke and make one sleeve this lovely shade of wine red. I like it. Didn't think I would. I'm surprised. I am 12 rows into the second (wine) sleeve. This project is my 'social knitting' because the stitch pattern is simple enough I don't have to think too hard about it, therefore freeing up the brain to chat.

This last photo is just proof that Tommy gets absolutely no luvin' whatsoever in our house. No siree. We are above that sort of thing. (Um, wait....)


If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//


4 comments:

  1. The red is a beautiful color I really like it. And good luck finishing the socks XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I like the wine red. I'm looking for some yarn of a similar colour ., for another must do project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that poor abused dog...LOL! You both look so happy. :-)

    Love the sock...oh, and I have that same sweater pattern lurking somewhere in some box in the basement. I like your interpretation of it.

    ReplyDelete