"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/19/11

Bead WIPs

I thought I'd show you the current beading projects I'm now working on. First is the project from the beadalong we're doing in the Yahoo beading group.

Front
  I don't have much of it done, and what I've done I'm not very happy with how the colors are working out.

Back

 I'm thinking about taking it apart and starting over with the colors arranged in a more pleasing way.

This is what I've been calling The Big Project.


This is a trip into art bead embroidery. I've been planning this project for a couple months. I have glued these items I picked up on the beach in front of my sis-in-laws house last February on to a piece of fabric and I'm going to bead around them in an artistic way. I have just started the beading there in the lower right corner. It's meant to be a picture of a spot on the beach. So, there will be a beady representation of sand and foam at a waves edge. The sand on the coast of western Washington is very dark gray. I've made a dark gray bead soup for the sand. I intend to frame this when it's done so it can be put up on the wall in her new house as a house warming gift.

Tomorrow I will update on the knitting wips.

Spring is having to fight it's way in here. Yesterday it snowed all day long. It was so depressing we closed the blinds so we wouldn't have to see it. There's still a bit on the ground this morning, but it's melting nicely. We're getting sunshine at the moment, but I see dark clouds headed this way. Rumor has it that our weather is supposed to warm up a bit as the week progresses. Oh, how I long for a beautiful sunny 70F degree day.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. I will be very interested to see how your "big project" progresses - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete