"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/27/11

Star Trek for the Feet

Taa Daa!


My Star Trek Socks

Pattern: My own.

Yarn: Brown Sheep Lambs Pride Superwash Sport
Color: SW84 Shanes Red and SW05 Onyx
Content: 100% Superwash Wool
Yarn:   Patons Brilliant
Color: Metallic Gold
Content: 69% Acrylic/19% Nylon/12% Polyester


Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 3.

Size: Ladies Medium (size 8.5 shoe)

Cast on: March 18, 2010
Bound off: February 23, 2011

Comments:  As usual, I love the socks. I don't know how well the yarn will hold up to wear, not having any nylon in it and being somewhat soft, but they sure are comfy.

I've become pretty darn good at the heel/gusset thing. No more holes to sew shut. Yay!


It's a simple 4x2 rib in the leg.


I'm thinking about writing the pattern up. I started out doing someone else's pattern, but due to problems with said pattern, I abandoned it and did my own thing. Hmm, will think about it.

Live long and prosper.\\//

4 comments: