"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/11/11

Simple Womans Daybook for February 11, 2011

 
 
FOR TODAY
February 11, 2011

Outside my window...
It is chilly, gray, and gloomy. There are a couple Chickadees at the Parkarosa Buffet. There are bare spots on the lawn where the snow has melted.

I am thinking...
that my grandkitty, Lindy, is one heck of a hunter. On Wednesday night, within two hours, she brought 4 mice into the house. Unfortunately, 3 of them were still alive and kicking. My daughter Ruth caught all three and let them go outside. She is getting to be quite the mouse hunter too.

I am thankful for...
Safeway having daffodils for sale in February. I have had my fill of winter, but there's still 2 months left. The daffodils help get me through it. I bought a couple bunches yesterday, but they haven't opened yet.

From the kitchen...
I'm thawing some pork  chops. I intend to try a new recipe that involves marinating them in a sauce with rum in it. I'm thinking Au Gratin potatoes and a nice salad to go with. I may pop into the grocery store today and pick up a Cyrus O'Learys coconut cream pie for dessert.

I am wearing...
jeans and a tshirt. Standard friday fare. The shirt is navy blue with a big ol' Brachiosaurus on it. I got it at the Wyoming Dinosaur Center on our road trip last July.The Mountain Classic Brachiosaurus Adult Tee Shirt L

I am creating...
Well, yeah. That goes without saying. I'm always creating something. Yesterday I finished the second bead for the Italian bead class. 2 more to go, but I don't have enough of the lavender delicas. I also finished the second Cenotes sock.

I am going...
to Fancy Beadery in Rathdrum today to get more of the above mentioned lavender delicas.

Deadly Sanctuary (Kendall O'Dell Mystery series)I am reading...
Still reading, actually,  Deadly Sanctuary by Sylvia Nobel. I haven't had as much time to read lately as I usually do.

I am hoping...
the new pork chop recipe is good. If it is, I will share it on this blog.

I am hearing...
2012, the movie. Campy, silly, but fun. The only value it has is outrageous entertainment.

Around the house...

aside from the tv, it's quiet. All the fur kids are asleep. The daughter isn't up yet. I'm enjoying the peace.

One of my favorite things...
Weekends. I consider them my days off from the regular activities of the week. It's the time I get to spend with the sweet hubby too.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
to get 3 things done this weekend. I want to make the last 2 beads I need to have done before the next installment of the Italian bead class. I want to finish sewing together the Lobster cardigan so I can say it's done, and wear it. The third thing I want to finish is the Cenotes sock pattern. I've finished the second sock, I've made the necessary corrections to the pattern. I just need to take photos of the socks and insert them in the pattern and it's done.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
 For warmth, we'll give peace a chance.



If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//
 

No comments:

Post a Comment