"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/20/11

Thinking of a Name

The first of the new socks is finished and blocked.


I'm trying to think of a catchy name for this pattern, but I'm drawing a blank. So for now it's the Slipped Garter Rib sock. An artsy photo:


I'm lovin' this shade of blue. It's soothing to the eyes after a couple hours of working on the Lobster cardi. It's also making me wish I was in a warmer place, with sandy beaches and palm trees (and cute cabana boys, but that's a whole 'nuther topic).

Which, for some reason, reminds me of when I was getting professional counseling to learn how to deal with my panic attacks. My counselor would have me 'go to my blue place', which is a memory of a place that was beautiful. My blue place is a beach on the Nepali coast of the Hawaiian island, Kauai. The water was that shade of blue. So it was fitting to call it my blue place. I still have to go there on occasion.

Yesterday, after Yarnies and errands, I dropped into Fancy Beadery, in Rathdrum, and picked up some delicas for my Italian beading class.



The ones in the tube are lavender with shiny metallic gold bits. The others are sort of a light topaz, almost green, sort of color with a weird finish that I don't really know what to call. I got the crystals from Firemountain Gems. They are opal sandstone/ab in color. I also picked up a package of metallic bronze delicas just in case I don't like the weird finished ones. I am ready for the class.

It's snowing today. Blech.

Live long and prosper. \\//

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what to call those socks other than beautiful. Stunning Slipped Rib Socks? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sock! I am not a blue person, but I do think that is a most lovely shade of blue :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I really like your pattern. What yarn is this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn is from Impulse of Delight, an indie dyer in Canada.

    http://www.impulse-of-delight.com/store/index.php

    ReplyDelete