"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/30/10

Up and Running

My new hard drive arrived yesterday. They over-nighted it to me. Sweet Hubby installed it when he got home from work. Since then I've spent much time reinstalling and updating my software, restoring my data files, and whatnot. I have one more program, The Print Shop by Broderbund, to reinstall but I seem to have misplaced the disks. So, since the version I have is probably a decade old anyway, I've ordered the latest version. It'll be here in a few days. I've lost a little bit of stuff permanently in this fiasco (because it has been 4 weeks since my last back up), but not as much as it could have been.  In the past 5 months I've had to reinstall 4 times. So far, everything is working great. My system is even a bit faster. Hopefully, this will be the last hard drive trouble I have for a long time. Please?

Yesterday we had a whomping snow storm. Dropped about 12 inches of new snow on us. Traffic was a snarled nightmare. The roads got really bad. Interstate 90 was actually closed between here and Spokane. Folks got stranded and had to stay in Coeur de'Alene for the night. Now we're going to have a few days of subzero temps. Mother Nature is making sure we remember it's winter here.

I seem to recall saying something about taking a picture of the coconut cake I made for Christmas Eve dinner.



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment