"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/4/10

World Wide Knit in Public Day 2010

Well, we're cuttin' it kind of close, but we finally got the Coeur d'Alene World Wide Knit in Public Day organized. It will be held on Saturday, June 12, 10am to whenever (I'll be leaving at 1pm) at the Ramsey Park which is in the 3500 block of Ramsey Road north of the freeway, next to the Croc Center. We'll be in the picnic area. Bring a chair, a project to work on, sack lunch, beverage, and possibly you'll need sunscreen. We welcome crocheters and spinners to this event too.

Yesterday was a really busy one for me. But I got a lot done. I had 2 students show up for my knitting class. I really enjoyed them both too. I had to go into Spokane Valley to return one of the DVD's I bought at Best Buy last week because I accidentally forgot to make sure it was wide screen (it wasn't). I traded it and some cash in on a car charger for my Nook. I need it for our road trip.

I managed to get a significant amount done on the first Judy Monkey sock.



It is raining again today. We did have sunshine yesterday, so I guess I shouldn't complain, but when it rains, it really rains. Some of my friends replanted their tomato plants lost in the freeze we had a couple weeks ago only to have them drown this week. Rumor has it that we have drier days in our future.

Yesterday afternoon, since it was dry out, I took advantage of it and replanted the 40 marigolds I lost in the big freeze in the flower boxes on the deck. Since my boxes have good drains, I'm not worried about them drowning. I didn't get any tomato plants. I've given up on that for the year. I got some more dahlias instead.

For those who are interested, I will not be doing any more knitting classes until after I get back from our road trip. I've scheduled July 15th for the next class. I'm not leaving until June 18th but the shop is going to be closed next week.

Now for some birds. I now have 7 pairs of Evening Grosbeaks devouring everything that isn't nailed down in the Parkarosa Bird Buffet. They are also getting used to me, so it's easier to take pictures.

Here's a female. See her blue beak? They shed the skin off their beaks in the spring so they are blue like that. Eventually they will turn to the usual yellow color.


Here is a male.



His underparts are such a bright yellow!


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment