"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/7/10

Judy Monkey 1 Done

I finished and blocked the first Judy Monkey sock. It turned out so pretty.



I haven't cast on the second sock yet because I want to work on the Navy Blue pullover for awhile. I'm thinking I want to take Judy Monkey sock 2 along on our vacation too.

Sensations Rainbow Boucle - Berry PrintI also need to start another project for Knitwits. I brought home this HUGE HUGE skein of purple variegated Rainbow Boucle' yarn that was donated to the group (Actually, a huge pile of it was donated. I was lucky to get one skein of it with the feeding frenzy it caused. Ha!)

Anyway, I cast on for another of the Vintage shrug but I didn't like how it worked with this yarn. Too much texture in the yarn to show the pattern, so I'm going to find something much simpler.

Yesterday it rained and rained. I've given up on having a veggie garden this year. Some of my friends went ahead and replanted after the freeze and their seeds are drowning instead of sprouting. On Friday we got 1 1/3 inches of rain here at the Parkarosa, in one day. That's a lot of rain. I was going to go ahead and plant the seeds anyway, but the soil is so muddy it was impossible to work with.

So, instead of planting, I let Sweet Hubby teach me how to drive with the trailer attached to the back of the pickup. He is a little nervous about how much driving he's going to be doing on our road trip. So I'm going to give him the occasional breather-though I've made it very clear I will not be doing any backing up. Forward movement only, for me. I can't believe we're leaving in less than 2 weeks. So much to do!

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I have some of that Rainbow Boucle. Knit a sweater from a pattern I found online...turned out terrible. LOL! Worst sweater I've ever made... I'm not a big fan of Rainbow Boucle.

    I AM, however, a big fan of those gorgeous purple socks! WOW! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple has been growing on me lately and that deep, luscious color of your socks is stunning!

    I finally got the bulk of our garden in while planting in standing water. Trying it to see. The old timers around here say the wet cold spring means a long, warm fall. So who knows...maybe it will even itself out.

    ReplyDelete