"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman


Hitting the Floor Running

Busy busy busy! My goodness, we're leaving on our vacation in 3 days. So much to do!

WWKIP day was wonderful. Had a nice group of people show up. The weather was absolutely perfect. Sunshine, blue sky, and a nice gentle breeze. Temp was in the low to mid 70's. I had a great time and got about 6 inches of the Navy Textured pullover front done. I took a few pics, but don't have the time to download them and all that. Perhaps later this week.

I am having computer problems. My sweet hubby spent last Sunday morning trying to fix it for me. I have something that is redirecting all my Google searches to lame ad web pages. He got rid of it for me, but as soon as I started using Google again to search for things it came back. So now I don't know what to do. It makes it impossible for me to search for things. It also slows down my computer. I've run 2 different virus/spyware search tools and they haven't found anything. It's very frustrating. Perhaps I should email Google tech support or something.

Over the weekend, besides the WWKIP and computer probs, we had other things going on. Saturday afternoon (rushed home from WWKIP day) was a graduation party for our nephew, Tyler. Where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday he was hanging on my kneecaps.

On Sunday sweet hubby and I spent our time in preparation for the trip. He worked on getting our sprinkler system working, installed our new Solar 12-volt Battery Recharger to our trailer, and gathered assorted items for packing.

Coleman Camping Coffee MakerI went shopping for the trip. I took Ruth into Coeur d'Alene to find a new swimming suit, socks, and stuff like that, picked up some camping gear we needed, and whatnot. I bought a Coleman Coffee Maker so we can have good coffee. I've been using the percolator pot, and can make good coffee with it, but no matter how hard I try, there's always grounds in it, and it takes quite awhile to make. This coffee maker works like your typical drip maker, but works on a gas camping stove.

I'm making lists now to keep track of everything because I've come to the point where the brain is randomly tossing things out at random.

Yesterday I had lunch with the Tuesday Gals at Bardenays. I had one of the best French Dips ever, and had a good time chatting with my friends.

After lunch I went to see my new doctor. A follow up appointment regarding the gimpy leg and the meds I take. I asked him about walking-how much is too much, and whatnot. He recommends not more than an hour at a time, with at least one break in that hour putting the leg up. I'm concerned because if I'm on my feet for more than 20 minutes or so it starts swelling up and eventually hurts like heck. We've got hikes planned and whatnot. So, I guess I'll be cutting back some on those plans. Other than that, the news was good. I'm still alive and kicking. After getting home I thoroughly cleaned the inside of the trailer.

Today I have Rathdrum Knitalong, and a trip to the post office to put in a mail-hold-request. Then I start packing. Fun fun!

Somewhere in all that I am actually getting knitting AND beading done. I need it for the stress release. I'm not sleeping very well and starting to feel anxious with trip day looming so close. It's excitement anxiety, but it still has the same effect as the bad kind of anxiety does on me.

The Parkarosa Bird Buffet is being visited by a wild turkey this week. This morning, when sweet hubby got up, she was perched on the side of the bird bath having a drink. She's been eating the seed dropped on the ground by the other birds, and even taking the occasional nap under the tree. We've been trying to get pics of her but she is extremely shy. I'm wondering if she has a nest nearby or something? I sure hope not because if Lindy finds it, it won't be pretty.

Well, I've gotta get busy. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment