"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/18/10

So Much for That Idea

Even though I haven't blogged for a few days, I have been working on the blog. Obviously, it turned out to be a waste of time. Several months ago I got an invite from Paypal to test out their new Storefront Widget, which was (and still is) in beta. I started setting it up, then got distracted and forgot about it. Then this last week I remembered it and decided to finish the set up.

That's what I've been doing. Trying to set up that damn widget. I ended up deleting it because it has so many problems. Enough bugs to fill an ant hill. I sent tech support an email and found out they aren't supporting it, working on it, or have any plans to fix the bugs at this time. It's a sad shame too because it was a really cool little widget and a lot of people would want to use it if it were working properly.

So now I'm in a fix. I wanna do a little store linked to this here blog to sell some of the beaded jewelry I've made because, well, the drawer can only hold so much, and I can only wear so much. I have quite a few pieces I don't even wear. I just made them because it was an interesting project. I looked for other store front widgets but there is no such thing. If I wanna sell my jewelry it's gonna take some major programming work on my part. Fun fun (not). I will be weighing my options to figure out the best way to go about it over the next couple week.

In the meantime, I didn't get my Nook case done because I spent so much time on the widget-that-doesn't-work. I got it about half done. I got some more done on the shrug and the navy sweater, and I made another Ndebele Wave bracelet, which I'll take pics of and post later this week.

Oh, one more thing. I had the Ravelry Knitalong meeting today. The attendees wanted to make it a weekly meeting because twice a month is not satisfying enough. They're having that much fun! So we are now meeting every Tuesday, 1 to 3pm, at the Rathdrum Library. In some ways I'm thrilled. But in other ways I'm a little dismayed because I've been thinking about starting a beading group and I had toyed with meeting on the Tuesdays that Rathdrum KAL wasn't meeting on. I can't spend all my time shuttling from meeting to meeting all week. So now I don't know what to do. I still want a beading group in the worst way. I need to be around other beaders. Another item to put on my examination/weighing my options list.

In the meantime, here is a fantastic knitting video for your amusement.




Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. schedule them in a row, knitting then beading. Or vice versa. Then you don't have to return all the way home and come all the way back out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could meet with the knitting group twice a month and have the beading group twice a month. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete