"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/15/10

Purple Hyacinth

First of all, today, I'd like to let y'all know that an internet beading buddy has let me know about a link to a pattern similar in design to the bracelet I posted the other day. Here it is:

Flat Undulating Herringbone Bracelet



I finished the back of the Navy Textured sweater. Upon measuring, I find it to be perfect in size. So maybe I got gauge on those 8's after all. (In which case, where did those size 8 needles go?). I have cast on and done a few rows of the front welt. But before I can move on past the welt there is another project I have started and wish to finish first.

I'm making a felted knit case for my Nook. I'm using Cascade 220 Paints in Grape.



The knitting part should be done in a day or two. My Nook is not a large item.

One of the buckets I got for Mothers Day is blooming.



I don't think I've ever seen Hyacinth in this color of purple. Absolutely gorgeous!



I love how the  flowers start out bright green and turn purple as they open.


They smell so good too. Almost like carnations, but a tad more tropical.



On Thursday I decided to take a chance and plant the deck. All the marigolds and tomatoes are safely tucked in their new dirt. I was pretty nervous about the first night, hoping there'd be no frost. None was predicted, and as far as I could tell when I first got up the next morning, there hadn't been any. A couple hours later, though, I could tell one of the tomato pots got frosted just a bit. Enough to turn the upper leaves to mush. So last night I covered all the tomatoes, just to be on the safe side. They're looking good this morning. Nothing else I've planted seems to mind the slight dip into freezing.

Other than slightly frigid nights, the weather has been wonderful the last few days. Oh yes, almost forgot. My flowering plum is finally blooming. Yay!



Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment