"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/7/09

Simple Womans Daybook for December 8, 2009

I am joining the Simple Womans Daybook. I need some help with ideas for blog posting lately. This should help. Today is my first SWD entry. If you would like to know more about this, click on the picture:




FOR TODAY
December 8, 2009...

Outside my window...
The sun is shining, there is a thin layer of frost on everything because it's -4F degrees, two woodpeckers and a Stellars Jay are enjoying the Parkarosa Bird Buffet.

I am thinking...
It's awfully friggin cold outside.

I am thankful for...
Tommy. He's curled up beside me warming me with his hot little Iggy body.

From the kitchen...
I made crock pot chili and cornbread for dinner last night. Mmmm, it was so good, and perfect for this freezing weather.

I am wearing...
What I usually wear in the morning. My jammies and my thick fluffy purple robe.

I am creating...
the little cable socks. The second sock is almost done. I just have the toe to finish. Yay!

I am going...
No where, though I have been thinking about taking the boys to the groomer to get their nails clipped. It's time.

I am reading...
People of the Moon by Kathleen O'Neil Gear and W. Michael Gear. It's, I think, the 6th of the series that I've read. I like these books very much. They are stories about the north American prehistoric peoples. The first book starts about 10,000 years ago. Although the plots are fictional, the way the people live is factual--about what they built for homes, where they lived, what they ate, how their societies functioned, and the way they adapted and evolved over the centuries. That's why they've been so fascinating to me.

I am hoping...
This frigid weather spell goes away soon.

I am hearing...
Bryant Gumbal and Kellie Rippa on the tv, the ice maker in the fridge, the furnace, Silver purring in my lap, and the fan inside my laptop.

Around the house...
It's starting to look very Christmasy.

One of my favorite things...

Silver cuddling in my lap-which he's doing right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Finishing up the Christmas decorating, finishing the socks, starting the next knitting project, rewriting the ornament cover pattern for my class so it's better, along with the usual going to knit group meetings, classes, and whatnot.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
I wish I were here

Beach, Tulumn, Mexico


Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment