"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/12/09

WIP Wednesday 11/12/2009

I haven't blogged much because I haven't had much to say. Not that life isn't busy, but most of it hasn't been blog worthy stuff. I've not been knitting and beading as much as I'd like since the wedding. However, that is going to change. I'm rearranging my life a bit to make more time for the crafty stuff.

So, here's something I haven't done in awhile. WIP Wednesday.


I'm actually making progress on the second Bayerische sock. I'm 6 rows away from the heel flap. I've been buckling down and really putting work into it because if I want to get any of my planned Christmas knitting done, I need the needles this sock is on. Gotta get it done before Thanksgiving.

Last weekend my Sweet Hubby got me new computer toys. First, a new mouse. It's wireless, and best of all, it's purple!


I really like having a wireless mouse. I don't get my legs tangled up in a cord anymore.

I also got a black Passport drive for backing up my laptop hard drive.

I can't believe something so small holds 500 gigabytes. It fits in the palm of my hand! I can't believe it was only $129 at Best Buy either. I remember the time I upgraded my desk top 386 to a 128 megabyte hard drive and it cost me $600! Those were the days, huh?

I've got a lot of pdf knitting and beading patterns on my drive (literally hundreds), plus all my photographs. Recently a friend of mine lost her hard drive, and all her photos going back several years. This scared the beejeebers out of me. I need to keep my hard drive backed up. It's 7 years old. It's days are probably numbered. I backed up my drive and I'm feeling much better about it now. I will back up every week, like I used to do.

If you look up at the top at my little ticker, you'll see there's only 5 days left until the new Star Trek movie is out on DVD. I am SO excited, I can hardly wait. In the meantime, I'm listening to the sound track.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment