"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/3/09

The Theme Today is Blue

I must be in a blue mood. Not blue as in sad, but blue as in color. I find myself leaning toward it when choosing colors to make things of late.

I finished a new beaded ornament cover in pastel blue, silver, and white.


The pattern is by Deb Moffett Hall and it's called Deco Dangle Ornament. I had to make a bit of an adjustment. The pattern calls for 5-hole spacer beads that are quite a bit narrower than the ones I could find around here. I had to remove 1 pattern repeat so I have 7 instead of 8. All in all, I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm planning on giving this to my son-in-laws mother for Christmas. She is always seeking to increase the size of her Christmas ornament collection. I aim to help her.

I have finished another pair of bootees using the Seamless Circular Bootees pattern, making the change of 2x2 rib for the cuff instead of stockinette stitch.


The yarn is a vintage fingering weight white acrylic Pompadour with a blue thread in it. I used a plain blue acrylic for the i-cord ties.


The next Knitwits meeting is tomorrow. Here are all five pairs I have for turning in.


Call my biased, but I think they are so darn cute!

I am going to stop the bootee making now and go on to something new. I've cast on for a lace shrug.


Knitwits has orders for dozens and dozens of them. The assisted living centers around the area like them for their residents. I've had this cotton blend boucle'/slub yarn in my stash for about 25 years. Someone gave it to me. At that time, it was an old yarn. It's in great shape though. (I take good care of my yarns.) It's knitting up very pretty. There's actually a pale blue thread mixed in with the white and grey. It doesn't show in the picture though.

This week we are having nice weather. The sun is shining and the temps are in the 50's. Much better than snow, that's for sure.

We had a really nice little vacation on Halloween. We took off with brother-in-law Dan, his wife Sue, and son Nate and visited our favorite hot springs resort. We even took costumes with us and went to the Halloween party held by the resort in their bar. I had a lot of fun. There were some really clever costumes for the contest. I didn't enter the contest cos my costume was, I thought, really lame. Originally I wasn't going to bother with a costume. But sweet hubby and Ruth talked me into it.

As we were leaving town we stopped at a store that had Halloween costume supplies. I bought a purple wig. That was it. I wore that and my purple suede coat with the Mongolian lambs wool trim on the cuffs, collar, and hem, and a pair of blue jeans. If anyone asked what I was I said "Purple People Eater", or "Purple Whore" depending on how much I'd had to drink when I got asked the question. I guess it must have been a hit cos I got lots of compliments. Ha ha! Anyway, we had a good time and that's what's important.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment