"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/15/09

Successful WWKIP Day

WWKIP Day could not have gone better. It was fantastic. The weather was gorgeous. Our location was perfect. We were on the lawn near the Coeur d'Alene Public Library, on Front street, under some lovely shade trees. The street had lots of foot and auto traffic. The annual Car de Lane show was going on a block or two up, which brought extra traffic to the area.

I forgot to take my camera with me, but I had my phone so I used it. Here are a few pics.

Here we are all set up, comfy in our chairs, knitting away.


There was a baseball park directly behind us, and the Coeur d'Alene Public Library off to the left. A passerby stopped to chat with us.



Kate in super concentration mode.


We were a noisy chatty bunch, but we looked pretty darn serious about our knitting, didn't we? That's my daughter Ruth in the red shirt, Gloria in pink, Judy in light blue, and Anne on the end.


I don't remember the lady's name in the sunglasses, Beth is next to her, and the gal in the tank top is a passerby.


Sarah showed up even though she's all bandaged. Didn't stop her from knitting.


The bakery across the street who got business from us cos we wanted to use their ladies room.

All in all, I had a great time. I got to meet some of the faces behind the Ravelry names, and we celebrated our craft. People going by would glance at us. Some would laugh (I had a sign up that said Welcome to World Wide Knit In Public Day), and once in awhile someone would stop just to chat.

I also finished the shawl. I plan to block it this afternoon.

I had a very busy weekend. Besides WWKIP day, I also worked on the wedding flowers like crazy and I GOT THEM ALL DONE!!! Hurray!!!!! I'll post pics of that tomorrow.

Right now I need to get going. I'm getting my hair trimmed so I don't look like a shaggy dog at the wedding.

Have a great day.


~~~~~~~~~~~


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys hand so much fun!! Wish I could have joined you out there but Jersey's quite a drive from you:)

    ReplyDelete