"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/16/09

Corsages and Boutonnieres

I made beaded bouts for the groom and groomsmen. I used size 15 beads for Franks Snapdragon so it wouldn't be huge. It turned out so cute!



I made these with silk flowers for the parents and whatnot .


Posting this because I can.


Now, I think I'm done. But I'm not sure. Sarah called last night and said something about flowers on her head instead of a veil. I'll get more info later.

Last Sunday, while I was preparing dinner, a thunderstorm blew over us. I was chopping onion and glanced out the kitchen window just as a bolt of lightening came down and hit a tree near the house. It sounded like a bomb had gone off. Kaboom!!!! The house just shook. It scared the bejeebers out of all of us.

Yesterday Ruth and I took a stroll in the back yard to investigate the unlucky tree. As you can see, the bark was split in a spiral pattern around the tree. It goes from the top all the way to the ground. There's pieces of bark lying all over that exploded off it.

Click on pic to embiggen


This is what it looks like at the base.


The air was thick with the smell of fresh cut wood. The tree is dead. It's needles will slowly turn brown over the next few weeks. It's a shame. It was an old one.

I have blocked the shawl. I will post about it tomorrow.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. The beaded corsages are very cute. How big are they?
    The tree is cool. I'm glad no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete