I have finished my swappy project. I'm calling it Lavender and Lime.
The strappy part is twisted tubular herringbone. I used size 11 seed beads in a metallic light green, metallic medium purple, and a purple matte.
The focal point is strung with 6mm sterling silver beads, 4mm lavender glass pearls, 2 green czech glass beads, pewter bead caps, and 4 large faceted amethyst beads. The beaded bead is the Scaph I made several weeks ago.
All in all, I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out. I hope my swap partner will feel the same way.
I have been busy busy busy getting wedding stuff ready. There is going to be a bachelorette party for Sarah on the weekend, at my house. I tried to find some other place to have it but had no luck. It will be fun but it added a ton onto the pile of things to get done before Friday evening.
Yesterday Ruth and I pulled weeds. We weeded every flower bed in the yard. Got it all done in one day. She has been such a HUGE help to me the past couple weeks.
I'm about halfway done with the second beaded fingerless glove. I should have it done in a day or two. Tonight I'm going to put together a couple necklaces for the brides attendants. I'm just going to string something simple. I should have it done in an hour or so. I'm going to use the same beads I used in the necklace I made for myself to wear to this event. Assuming I can find them, that is. ;-)
I received an email from Paramount Studios. They wanted my mailing address so they can send me replacements for the defective Star Trek discs. Hurray!
Right now I'm going to take a little nap before I have to start making dinner. I am exhausted from all the running around I did doing errands.
Have a nice evening.