"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/25/09

The Parkarosa Buffet is Popular These Days

This morning in my poor little dwarf flowering Plum tree, chowing down, I had 11 (that's ELEVEN!) pairs of Red Crossbills, 1 pair of Spotted Towhees, 3 woodpeckers, 1 pair of Starlings, 1 pair of Nuthatches, 6 Oregon Juncos, 1 Flicker, several Chickadees of both mountain and black cap variety,..... and a partridge in a pair tree. (Sorry, couldn't resist that last one)All at the same time! That's a LOT of birds! They made my tree look like it has leaves-albeit rather active leaves.

11 pairs of Crossbills. That's 22 of them! Where did they all come from???

I'm going into Coeur d'Alene this morning for my weekly CDA Yarnies meeting. I think I'll pop into Home Depot while I'm there and get the sooper dooper economy sized bag of bird seed. We're going through it pretty fast lately.

Have a good day.

1 comment: