"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/25/08

Twas the Night Before Christmas



Christmas Eve dinner with the family was fantastic! There was so much fun, food, love, and laughter. I enjoyed it immensely. Our gift exchange was awesome too. We declared the experiment a success.

The highlight of the evening for me was seeing my nephew Robert. He hasn't been home for several years. We all have missed him so much. He seemed to love the scarf and hat I made for him. He's not an emotional sort of person, so it was a bit hard to tell. The best compliment he gave was immediately putting them on and wearing them until he couldn't stand the heat any more. (When you cram 27 folks into that small of a room, it gets hot.) He finally put them near the couch. All evening long he would go back and look at them again. So I know he appreciated my efforts.

My nephew Daniel drew my name. He gave me a tiny Purple little knitted sweater ornament, a gift certificate to Borders (so I can get Thai Die, Monica Ferris's new book), and best of all-a small box of Godiva chocolates! SCORE! He's now my favorite nephew. Heh heh...

It snowed all day, then all night, than part of this morning. It has stopped for a bit now. Sheesh! It's gettin' mighty deep out there. More snow is predicted for later this evening. Who asked for the white Christmas? I'd like to have a word with them.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Arrived here from KnitTalk. Nice to meet a fellow knitter. I am so jealous that you have moose. I would love to see one. . .someday.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete