"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/6/08

Poor Little Guy

I'm probably going to ramble because I'm stressed and distracted. I had to take Morgan in to the vet this morning. He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't stop pacing the house, he was clearly in pain, in 15 minutes he went out 10 times to pee, and there was blood in that pee. I called the hospital and they said bring him in. They thought he might have a bladder stone, but after a battery of xrays, blood tests, and urine tests, they think he might have Bladder cancer. Ultrasound will tell if he does or not. I'm waiting to hear from the doctor as I'm sitting here typing this.

I was going to hang ornaments on the tree today, but Sweet Hubby has to get the boxes down for me. He hasn't done that yet, though I asked at least a dozen times today. He's out in his workshop building something. He can get as obsessed with his little projects as I get with my knitting and I totally understand that. So I'm just fine with waiting. I'll get him to take them down when he comes in tonight.

Besides, I'm too distracted to think about hanging ornaments right now. This is something we've sort of been expecting, but hoping wouldn't happen-Morgan getting cancer, that is. He's had too many benign tumors in his history.

I don't want him to be hurting. If he has bladder cancer, it's a death sentence. A painful one at that. Sigh. It sure sucks to get old, doesn't it? Even for sweet little dogs. Why does this have to be happening now?

I should be knitting. I did start the hat for my nephew yesterday. It's the first time I've worked with the Cascade 220 Superwash. What a nice yarn! I'm making up the pattern as I go. So far so good.

Well, I can't think of anything else to say. I need to go back to the hospital now anyway.

Have a nice evening.

2 comments:

  1. Double sympathy. How well I know that awful feeling when a furbaby is seriously ailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. Hope this work out for the best.

    ReplyDelete