"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/11/08

Random Whinings

Wasn't able to get online yesterday, not that I had anything to say anyway. Our wireless router (that's what SH called it) went kaput. He picked up a new one on the way home from work. So all is right with cyberworld again.

Has the world gone crazy or what? Stock markets falling like rocks off a cliff all over the world, banks going bankrupt, our government giving money to companies who spent theirs foolishly and are unapologetic about it (I spent the money for my failed yarn business wisely and you can bet if I'd asked for help they'd have laughed at me), presidential candidates not worthy of the office. Ah! No wonder I'm feeling so down of late. Trying to be positive about things, but the world is not making it easy for me.

Why do you read this blog? I have 18 subscribers. That's 18 people who care enough about what I'm writing to actually subscribe to it. Why? What is it about my blog that has your interest? I'm just wondering, because I am so surprised. Please tell me in the comments why you read my blog?

The last couple days have been very hard for me. I shot right into withdrawal symptoms, most likely from the prescription pain killers. Normally, the length of time I took them would not cause such a reaction in others, but my body is super sensitive to these things, so it's been punishing me. I've been dealing with the shakes, sweating hot then shivering cold, complete loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, and emotional basketcase. (I cried like the world was coming to an end when the router toasted-even though I didn't really care one way or the other.) Oh yes, and the floating head-which is the way my head has been feeling, like it's not actually attached to my neck. So much fun!

The good news is, my ankle is back! The swelling is going down faster. The grapefruit lump on my thigh is now the size of a tangerine, and the pain has eased up quite a bit. I am still walking to the mailbox each day, and yesterday I made myself load the dishwasher. Standing for any length of time is excruciating, but each time I do it, it makes it easier the next time. I am determined to get over this situation.

Television has become unbearable. It's October. Nothin' but horror movies on now. I'm not a horror movie fan, so I've been seeking other things to watch, or at least have on as background noise, during the day, and I am so disappointed. I mean...who watches Bridezilla? Celebrity Hair Secrets? Phantom Gourmet? (I tried watching Judge Judy. Are people really that stupid?) And just how many channels can show 100's of Law and Order reruns at the same time? I'm not saying these are bad shows, necessarily. I'm just wondering why they are repeated over and over and over ad nauseum each day? I think of all the tv series that were on 20 years ago that are never rerun that I would so enjoy seeing again, and wonder why they aren't shown. I'd love to see the Ellery Queen Series with Jim Hutton again. Chico and the Man, Welcome Back Kotter, Remington Steele-just to name a couple. How many have I forgotten about that would be fun to see? Sigh.

Still stitching. I've got the flower almost done. Working on the leaves around it now. I'm thinking about starting a pair of socks. I really need to get serious about some Christmas knitting. It's already October. Goodness, where has the year gone?

Did I mention the problem we've been having with the dogs? Ever since I got back from the hospital, they have been peeing in the house all over the place-even though the doggy door has been open 24 hours a day. I have, until recently, been unable to clean it up, which leaves SH with the icky task. He has not been happy. I have not been happy. What in the heck is wrong with these guys? Why are they doing this? Anyway, 3 days ago I started opening the door to let them outside on occasion instead of SH (making myself walk to the door and back is a good task) or just depending on the doggy door. Suddenly, the indoor peeing has stopped. DON'T tell me that's the answer. They must have ME open the door, instead of Dad? Oh, for Petes sake! Give me a break! I am so wishing I didn't have dogs at the moment. This will pass though, I'm sure.

When one is confined to laying around with their leg up on pillows for days on end, one tends to think about things. I need to declutter my house. That is all there is to it. We have so much stuff sitting around that we once used regularly but don't even look at now. Like the manuals to the software that I had on my old 386 PC. I don't even have that PC anymore. Why do I need to hold onto the manuals? And the color laser printer sitting on the floor by the piano. It's been sitting there for 2 years-because I don't know where else to put it. It doesn't work, but could easily be repaired. So my thrifty recycling self wants me to keep it for some reason even though I have NO intention of getting it repaired. I see trips to the Goodwill and dump in our future-once I'm well enough to do it.

Enough of this. Have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. I read your blog now because I know you and consider you a friend.

    Before I met you, I read your blog because you create beautiful things and are able to write a literate, interesting post. You have intelligent thoughts and I enjoy reading your take on things.

    Sympathy on the dog problem. Maybe they sense you're not completely OK and don't want to go out and leave you alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog because I love all the beautiful things that you make! You are very talented and inspire me. I love seeing your projects, learning about your dogs and your rural-life moose adventures. I live in suburban Boston and have to go to a zoo to see a moose! sheesh! I wish you lived near me because I am sure we would be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make beautiful things and you write well about the process and what drives you to create. That's why I read your blog.
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I subbed to keep up with what's happening with you! I consider you an old cyber-friend from way back. We seem to have alot in common, and by the looks of this post, we have similar thoughts and opinions of the world. I like to keep up with your projects because they are totally inspirational. Even if I don't post a comment often, rest assured I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog because I care about you and it gives me a chance to see how things are going for you. I also like seeing your projects, you've always been very talented.

    ReplyDelete