"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman


Feet and an Arm

Thank you so much to those of you who left comments in my last post. I really appreciate it. Your answers to my question, "Why do you read my blog?", surprised me. I feel honored and humbled that my knitting and bead work are an inspiration to folks. I am also glad to hear folks enjoy my moose stories.

Speaking of moose, I haven't seen any for a few weeks. Lots of deer, but no moose. Not even a sign they've been around during the night. However, my brother-in-law, who lives a mile from us on the creek that runs through the Parkarosa, is seeing them. So I suspect they have moved over to his house for the winter since that is what they did last year. Of course, after posting this, there will be a dozen or so of them strolling on the back lawn this evening.

Winter. Wow. It's on it's way here. We shouldn't actually be getting any snow until mid November, but it's been so chilly lately. Right now, as I write this, a large quantity of grey clouds has moved in, and it smells like snow. No snow in the weather prediction, but I'm starting to wonder.

Yesterday Sweet Hubby mowed the lawn for the last time this year. That led him to decide to blow out the sprinklers. Then to empty and roll up the garden hoses-which were full of ice! He had to thaw them out. Then he decided, since he was at it, he better winterize our little camping trailer. Some of the pipes were already frozen! (Thankfully, none were damaged.) So it took him awhile to get all the water out of it. He made a little pile of ice on the front lawn. It was still there this morning. Even though the sun has been shining, and the thermometer says 54F, it hasn't been what I would call warm.

Over the weekend I got just a bit of knitting done. Pirate Pierre has 2 feet and an arm.

I also made good progress on Dogwood & Hummingbirds. I finished the last flower, and I'm now working on the last Hummingbird.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping with Sweet Hubby. My leg was feeling pretty decent, so I decided to find out where it's at on the recovery gauge. I got through about 3/4ths of the grocery list, then I had to hand it over to SH and go out to the car. The leg starting throbbing in a most painful way, but mostly I got dizzy. Really really dizzy. Almost didn't make it to the car. A lady saw me staggering in the parking lot and helped me the rest of the way (I didn't let SH help me cos I thought I was gonna be just fine). Once I sat down, I started feeling better immediately. SH thinks maybe my blood pressure dropped because I was getting exercise for the first time after almost a month of laying around. The store was just a bit too much for me. Well, now I know. I need to build myself up a bit before I try that again.

The swelling in my leg is almost gone, and I have minimal pain when it's up on pillows. Standing and walking is still painful, but the pain is definitely decreasing each day. Now, if we could get my digestive system back in good order. I suspect exercise will help with that.

That's all the news for today. I am in the mood to make Pierre another arm, so I think I'll dig out the knitting needles.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment