"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/15/08

My Eyes Hurt!

My eyelids feel like extra coarse sand paper, and my eyeballs ache enough to cause a headache. Must be August. I did all of about 6 rows of knitting yesterday, and no beading. It hurt too much to focus on anything. I wanna knit! I wanna bead! But, if I rest my eyes for a few days, the pain will go away and I can have fun again.

To want to knit and not be able to drove me crazy last night. I was trying to watch the Olympics with nothing in my hands to keep them busy. Found myself pacing back and forth between the kitchen and the 'hug' (my leather recliner) I got so agitated. So, instead, I drank copious quantities of liquor, and took pictures of Tommy. Tommy LOVES to pose for the camera. I get great indoor pics without the flash, so he was in his element last night. As soon as I picked it up, he hopped up on the couch and did this.


Then he hopped up on the recliner with Dad, but got distracted by movement in the back yard.
I just love it when his ears are up like this. So cute!


Then, he turned his attention to the camera. He's so darn photogenic.


I thought about taking pics of my sock yarn stash too, but decided that was too much work. It's all sitting in the living room right now. Earlier this week I bought some see through plastic containers to store it all in, and transferred all the skeins, hanks, and balls out of the cardboard boxes and plastic bags into their new homes. Then I set them on the floor in front of the tv just so I could look at them for a few days. Every once in awhile I pop a lid off and caress it.


So much color! So much YARN! So much merino softness! So much Opal (the bottom box)! I have over 40 skeins of it. I had no idea. and it's all MINE MINE MINE!!!! Hee hee.........!!

Sweet Hubby made a semi snide comment about me never running out of sock yarn-or something like that. I admit, 3 large containers is a lot of sock yarn, but I could run out of that in just a few years. I told him I could have worse addictions-like heroin or something like that. He agreed sock yarn is better.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. lol! Send Sweet Hubby over to wendyknits.com to see her sock yarn stash! She has more than most yarn stores. Truly!

    What is wrong with your eyes? Allergies? I hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete