"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/12/08

WOW! Entry for July

Thought I'd do July's WOW! entry. I bought this yarn last year.

Yarn: Fearless Fibers Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn

Content: 100% superwash merino wool

Colorway: Midnight Passion

Weight: 4oz/550 yards

Gauge: 34 to 40 stitches to 4 inches on US #0-1 needles (2 to 2.25 mm)

And now for some aimless ramblings...

Thanks to all the folks who complimented my turkish loop necklace. I appreciate it. Makes me feel like I might know what I'm doing. LOL!

Cas asked: "Just love the Turkish loops. Would you share where the pattern came from or did you design it yourself?"

I made it up myself. It's basically a 2-loop chain. One loop has 4 gold beads, 1 black, and 1 dark gold druk. The other loop has 4 gold, 1 black, and one grey marble druk. You split each loop between the black and gold beads. For instructions on how to do Turkish loop, please scroll down in the sidebar. It's listed in the beading tutorials.

It's a lazy Saturday for me. I'm home alone, 'cept for the fur kids-who are all napping at the moment. Sweet Hubby went to nephew Shawn's house to work on our tractor, and Ruth is working until 11pm tonight. You'd think I'd be knitting like crazy. I did for awhile. Yesterday I started a sock, using the yarn pictured above, and I'm already to the gusset. I'm doing a pattern called Charade by Sandra Park (no relation that I know of). My fingers got tired though, so I'm being lazy and watching the Hulk movie (2003 version) on tv.

Did I ever mention that Sweet Hubby built a bird house last spring and put it on one of the posts along the garden fence? He did, and now it's loaded with baby birds. Unfortunately, I can't get close enough to see the parents. They're little tiny brown birds and fly beyond the reach of my glasses whenever I've tried to get close enough to see them well. Shy little buggers. They chirp at me a lot if I walk within 50 feet of the nest. In addition, Sweet Hubby is a rather lame designer of bird houses. You can't open this one up and look inside. I've asked him how he expects me to clean it out when the birdies are done with it? He's rethinking his house design. I'm thinking about a pair of binoculars.

Ruth is still knitting. She finished her gauntlets and has started a new pair for one of her friends. I need to nail her to a spot so I can get some pics. She's been working a LOT the past couple weeks so we hardly see her. She went from being trainee to head dishwasher rather quickly (complete with a nice raise). It pays to be a good employee! But they're really loading her with the hours. She's worked 60 of them in the past week.

Last night I made a magnificent dinner. I finally got the rotisserie working on the bar-b-que grill. Hurray! I stuck a boneless chuck roast on it. Mmm, was it ever good. A little tough, as chuck roast is want to be, but oh so incredibly tasty. We had corn on the cob, green salad, and Sarah made garlic biscuits to go with. For dessert I made a raspberry/blackberry pie - from scratch - with fresh berries from the local grocery store. They were on sale-but it still cost $12 for enough of them for a pie. Oh my god! It is SO good! Well worth the money. I'm gonna have to make another one. I love summer fruit pies.


After dinner we watched Fools Gold with Mathew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. I enjoyed it immensely. The opening sequence is hilarious! Not a movie to be taken seriously. Just pure entertainment.

Well, that's probably enough rambles for now.

Have a nice afternoon.

1 comment: