"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/30/08

WIP Wednesday 7/30/08

Having finished three pair of socks in one month, I'm feeling some super hot sock mojo going on. I have already started the next pair.

I'm using this wonderful hand dyed sock yarn I bought some time last summer. It's Cheeky Monkey Fibers Sock Yarn in the Water Nymph colorway, which is a pastel lime green, violet, and white in a 75% superwash merino wool/25% nylon blend. It is one of the softest sock yarns I've felt in awhile. Almost as soft as cashmere.




I've cast on a pair of Summer 2008 socks by Wendy Johnson. She designed this pattern special for those of us participating in the Summer of Socks kal. This is my very first toe up socks pattern. So far, so good. I tried the Turkish cast on for the first time. It went fairly easily for me.



Now, this is certainly a work in progress. My tomato plants finally have tomatoes. Hurray! Now, lets just keep our fingers crossed that we don't get that stupid annual frost the first week of August.



There won't be anymore posts from me the rest of this week. We are going on another one of our camping trips. Going back to Priest Lake again. The weather looks like it's going to cooperate in a big way. Not too hot, not too cold, not raining. I can live with that.

Today is Sweet Hubby's birthday. We are celebrating tonight, at the lake. That way we can celebrate both the twins at the same time.

Happy birthday Sweet Hubby!


Happy Birthday Sweet Brother in Law!




Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment