"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman


My Prize

This week the prize I won in the Sock A Month KAL for last month arrived! Hurray!

There's a very cute little bag, hand made by Zonda.

A skein of Gypsy Knits hand dyed sock yarn in a nice bright colorway. Btw, this yarn is nice and soft.

A set of hand made beaded stitch markers, and a sample pack of Eucalan wash. I love the way these stitch markers are made. They won't catch on the knitting because the bead covers both ends of the jump ring.

Originally, I was going to give Ruth the little bag because she's a new knitter and doesn't have any nice bags for her knitting tools (not that she has knitting tools), but now that I've seen how perfect it is for toting around a sock project, I've changed my mind. I will find something else for her tools. She will get the stitch markers though. Her birthday is coming up in a couple weeks. I'm giving her knitting tools, a tote, and a 'goody bag' for the tools. (I'm hoping she's too busy with work to read this.)

I had an interesting day today. I was scheduled to have lunch with my friends. I thought I was going to have a leisurely morning of knitting, blogging, and drinking my coffee when someone rang the door bell. A fellow in neon yellow with a bright orange vest and a hard hat informed me that they were installing a gas line down our street and were about to dig a deep ditch across my driveway and I wouldn't be able to get out for about 3 hours. Arrrgh! They figured they'd be done around noon. That wasn't going to work. Both me and Ruth were planning on leaving at 11 for our respective destinations (me-lunch, her-work). So we quickly got dressed and headed out early.

I waited in my car in the Applebee's parking lot, knitting my Charade sock until lunch time arrived. I had a lovely lunch. I ordered their Quesadilla burger. Oh, man, it was SO good! I had a wonderful chat with my friends too, catching up on all the gossip.

After lunch I went to Bead Creative to see if they ever got the Rivoli's in. They did, so I bought some so I could try them out. They also had some new bead caps in pewter that were just gorgeous, and perfect for all the spiral ropes I love to make.

Then I ran a couple errands-looking for various items. After that I went to our bank to take care of a problem that was going on with our checking account. I got there at 2pm. As luck would have it, the very person I needed to talk to had just left for lunch. Could I come back at 3? Sure, why not? I live only 5 minutes away. I decided to go home then come back in an hour. There was only one problem. When I got home, there was still a deep ditch full of guys in hard hats across my driveway. Sigh. So much for done at noon.

I went to McDonalds and knitted in the corner for an hour while sucking on a vanilla shake. I'm so glad I took my sock with me or I would have been bored out of my skull. By the time I got done with my banking things the ditch had been filled and I could return home.

Now I'm home, and pooped. It amazes me how tiring running around doing errands is.

Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment