"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/21/08

It's Monday

No pictures today. In fact, I've spent the morning deleting pictures off my blog. I found out this morning that most publishers don't like it if you've posted pics of your designs on the internet before publication. So, to remove the possibility of not getting published for that reason, I've been trolling through my blog posts and doing a bit of editing. (First time I've been glad I don't have a lot of readers. Heh heh.) I've also had to edit my Ravelry notebook, and my web albums. Took some time, but I've got it done.

So, how was your weekend? Mine was exhausting. No knitting, and no beading. Just a lot of work.

On Saturday I taught the first session of a bead crochet class. I only had 2 students but by the time I headed for home I felt like my body had been sucked dry of all it's energy. Some times teaching is like that. You'll get students that just seem to be more needy than others. I've had classes with 4 times more students that left me feeling energized afterward, and other times when I felt like I've spent the last 2 hours with leeches stuck to my skull. Just depends on the students. At least the students I had this weekend went home happy, and I think they know what they're doing. (Not quite sure about that last statement.)

After class I went to my brother-in-laws house. We had planned to help them with a bit of creek cleanup, then have dinner together. Often, in the summer, there's a lot of debris in the creek left over from winter and the spring thaw. Dan and Sue like to clean it up so there's a place to swim. Sweet Hubby was supposed to help them out with the tractor, and I was gonna help out with piling the brush and whatnot. However, I didn't know I had students for my class when I made those plans, so I didn't get to do that. When I finally got there after class, there was no one around. As it turned out, the tractor had broken down again, so everyone was at niece Holly's house, where her significant other and all were working on pulling the tractor apart to figure out what's wrong.

Now, mind you, we've just spent 1000 bucks replacing the clutch. That was supposed to have fixed 'the problem'. Apparently it didn't. There's another clutch that manipulates the hydraulics. It's out, and needs replacing. Yes, another 1000 bucks. I keep telling myself "It's cheaper than buying a new tractor." (urp!) Sweet Hubby told me there's actually 3 clutches in that tractor. Wanna take any bets on the third one?

On Sunday we headed for Moscow, Idaho to move daughter Ruth from her 'old' apartment into her 'new' apartment. Three pick up truck loads! When we moved her into that apartment last year, it was only one pick up truck load. The job went fairly smoothly, but it was still exhausting work. Didn't help that it was 95 degrees out either.

Ruth has the day off today, so we're gonna do something fun together. Haven't decided yet what that will be.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment