"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/5/08

Flowers in My Garden

I've got flowers blooming in the flower bed along the back of the house.


Pink Columbine



Lilac





Bleeding Heart




The King surveys his kingdom.



Now that I got that out of the way. My Mothers Day present is finally being delivered tomorrow.
HURRAY!!!

I'm getting a brand new Kitchenaide Refridgerator/Freezer with the ice maker in the door. I can hardly wait. Marguerita's for everyone tomorrow!

Yesterday I attended my first Logcabin Spinners meeting in months. It felt so good to be back. I talked about my WWKIP day. Some said they'd come, which pleases me.

Went to my monthly Knitwits meeting after that. I had a great time. There was only one small problem. I forgot to take Darcy and the purple baby socks with me. Arrgh... Call it a brain burp.

Oh yeah, the purple baby socks. I made them earlier this week. Forgot to post them here. They are in my Ravelry notebook though. Here ya go.


Pattern: Better-Than-Booties Baby Socks by Ann Budd.


Yarn: Fingering weight sock yarn from Wild Meadows Yarns


Needles: Size 2 Addi Turbo circulars.


Comments and Changes:
They came out a little larger than expected, but that’s cos I used size 2 needles rather than size 0. The method for the short rowed heel is very interesting. I like how it turns out. I did some changes to the pattern. First of all, I put cables over the whole instep, rather than just two on the sides. Second, I didn’t like the way the pattern does the toes, so I just did a regular traditional sock toe.

Anyway, back to the subject, after Knitwits I drove around town to various craft shops and whatnot seeking folks willing to put up a little poster I made for WWKIP day in their establishments. Both yarn shops were happy to do it. The big box stores all said the same thing. "We can't do that." You'd think they'd want to promote something that encourages the purchase of more yarn in their community, but, oh well. I did get 7 posters up. That's better than I'd hoped.

I was pretty exhausted by the time I got home. So I sent Ruth to Nick-N-Willys for take and bake pizza for dinner. Mmmmm.....gourmet garlic chicken with bacon.

Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. lovely flowers!

    Arlene,
    Lakewood flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW~ those flowers are so gorgeous! And you have green grass! I love and miss the green of climates where it rains.

    We do have some unique things here in Logandale NV though--- Fig and Olive trees, and we have been apricots! Our grape vines are loaded and I just planted some more colantro and flowers in pots so I can keep them out of the heat.

    Bev
    http://www.bevscountrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete