"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/30/08

Pomatomus Done!

YES! They're done, and they're gorgeous! I love them!




Pattern: Pomatomus from Knitty.

Yarn:
Pagewood Farms Yukon sock yarn in Prism colorway.

Needles: Size 2 Addi Turbo Lace Circular.

Comments: I LOVE this pattern!


Yesterday, just before sunset, we had a nice old fashioned rip roaring thunder storm. Twas very exciting. After the storm, we had a rainbow. It was so beautiful cos the sun was underneath the clouds, making them a strange sort of yellow/pink/lavender color, and then this beautiful bright rainbow appeared. We could see the whole bow from one end to the other. I took pictures.



Mother Nature put on quite a show.

Today my daughter Ruth is at her very first job interview. Lets all keep our fingers crossed cos she really needs a job. Not for the money so much as for the confidence building. Sweet Hubby and I are working hard to encourage her to get one for this reason. Nothing makes a person feel more independent than a real salary paying job.

She wants to work at Silverwood Theme Park in the worst way. They have an opening in one of the restaurants for a dishwasher.

It's going to be a beautiful day today. I think I'm gonna go sit on the deck and work on my shawl.

Have a great day!

ETA 1:00pm

My daughter is gainfully employed. Hurray!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your daughter on the new job! Love the socks - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures! Isn't nature a great artist? Thanks for taking the pictures and sharing the beauty of where you live.

    The socks are super. I see a blue ribbon in your future if you save them for the fair.

    Congratulations to daughter on her new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are stunning! I do love the looks of that pattern although I have never knit it. How well to they fit? Did you find the pot of gold at the end of that rainbow? Congrats to you daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful socks!

    ReplyDelete