"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/18/08

In the Dog House

All seems to be calmer amongst the animal brothers and sister on the Parkarosa this morning. Tommy avoids Silver like he has the plague. I got a little worried about him last night at bed time cos he seemed to be hurting quite a bit and one of the pokes had swollen up pretty big and was very ugly. I slathered it in Neosporin and this morning it looks much better. Tommy has several bruises showing now too. Poor little guy. Silver is skulking around and sulking cos he knows he's in "the dog house".

I'm not speaking to you!

Edaline is coming along. I finished her head and stuffed it. I think her face is cute.


I did try the Pooch yarn that I bought for her, but it's just a bit too thick and didn't look good, so I had to rip it out. I'm using 2 strands of sport Pompador yarn instead in shades of blue.

I took my first walk in the woods. I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to know if the Buttercups are up yet. It was a lot of work walking over there. The trail was not walkable. So I walked in the woods parallel to it. The snow is pretty deep in some parts, and in other parts there's no snow at all so I was skirting around snow islands to get there. Managed to get myself caught up in a couple patches of wild rose bushes. Ouch! Forgot how much their thorns hurt. The Buttercups are not up yet. In fact, there's still 4 inches of snow on top of them. I was exhausted when I got back to my chair, the Hug. I'm really sore this morning. As usual, I am out of shape after another long winter.

The weatherman says it's gonna snow tomorrow and Sunday. The sky is turning black with clouds and the wind is blowing. I think he's right.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment