"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/24/08

My Sock Blockers

My sock blockers are cool so I'm gonna show them off. They are hand made, of wood, with little shaped cutouts. I found them quite by accident. I was on Ebay looking for sock blockers and came upon Chappy's ebay shop. The blockers were a little bit on the pricey side, but they are so pretty. There are a lot of different styles. I chose the deer, in size Ladies.


This month I ordered some Mens size blockers. They have Pine trees on them.


There are lots of different cut out styles, including kitties and dogs, spinning wheels, yarn balls, palm trees, bunnies, birds of various types, acorns, rats, hearts, horses, lambs, sheep, and even a large mouth bass. The one thing they don't have, though, is Moose.

Sweet Hubby is cleaning the cords out from behind the entertainment stand. It's quite a rats next back there. For several years we've been putting cords back there to hook things up. TVs, DVD players ,VCRs, sound system components, several different satellite receivers, not to mention the Nintendo and Sony game stations and computer doo-hickeys. We'd get something new and the new cables would be installed, but none of the old cables were ever actually pulled out from behind. Just unhooked. So they've been piling up, breeding with each other, until there's a virtual metropolis of cables living back there. He's going to pull all that out and get things nice and organized. The fire hazard should be reduced considerably.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I always asssumed those were moose antlers on your ladies sock blockers. But now I see that it is a deer.

    We're getting more snow. I'm about ready to book a trip to Idaho, so spring better be on the way.

    ReplyDelete