"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/26/08

Ain't Doin' It for Me

Last night I tried to make serious progress on the Baby Surprise sweater that I've been making for Knit Wits. I'm sorry, it just ain't doin' it for me. I am loathing this project. Absolutely loathing it! I don't know why either. It's not boring, it's got some interesting shaping to it, it's even what I'd consider a clever design. I'm using my favorite color-purple. I just don't like working on it. I am not really sure why I decided to knit another baby sweater for Knit Wits when I really wasn't in the mood for another baby sweater. Some sort of insane desire to put unnecessary stress on myself must have reared it's ugly head? Since I knit for MY enjoyment, and I'm clearly not enjoying this project, I've decided to frog the whole thing and forget it. Time to move on to something else.

GNOMES!

Ah, yes, that's the ticket. Knit Wits could use some Gnomes. That may be the whole reason for the loathing of the sweater. Deep inside I want to knit Gnomes.

Making progress on my book. I wrote up the pattern for the Trois Perles de Bugles. Now I need to have it test knitted. Today at bead group I worked on the strap for the next design. It's all knitted. Just needs to be written up and the strap finished and attached. I started the strap several months ago. The bag is so fancy looking I felt the need to make something special to hang it on so I've been doing tubular peyote with a somewhat complicated color pattern in it. I think I've gone a little overboard on it, but it sure will be pretty. Finishing and embellishing is just as important as the knitting part of a project.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment