"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/19/08

I Was a Crow in a Former Life

Wow! The sun is shining, the sky is so blue, and the snow is melting! Can't complain about that. We're under 3 feet of it in the yard. However, it's not melting too fast. Local folks were worried that all this 40F degree weather was gonna cause a big melt and flooding. The nights are nice and cold though, so that isn't happening (if you consider 25F 'nice').

I had a successful trip to the Beyond Beads Gallery yesterday. I found what I needed, bought some 'I want', and managed to get out of there for less than 100 bucks! It's a dangerous place for me to visit, so I don't go unless I really need to. (In other words, the local bead shops don't have what I need.) Just getting past the 'Wall of Crystals' is agony. All that glorious sparkling color.....I didn't make it this time-sigh. I'm now the proud owner of some purple sparkle. I did manage to stay out of reach of the strands of 'Grabbing Pearls' and I succeeded in talking myself out of the $22 tube of real gold lined crystal seed beads (They were SO gorgeous!), though I let myself carry them around for awhile. Sometimes I wonder if I was a crow in a former life. I am so turned on by sparkles and glitter.

I have finished the heel on the sock and I'm working my way along the gusset. Should have it done sometime this next week.

Today I have bead group. I'm planning on working on a double spiral project I started a couple weeks ago. I'm planning a new class subject.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment